Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A CPA Flashes the Dragon

Head down.  Work hard.   Dazzle the clients.  Blow your supervising partner away by telling his client, the Aramco General Audit, who had an office the size of an airplane hanger, why the world's largest oil producing company could not produce its financial statements.   That's what it takes to be a rising star.

And when you're a rising star all sorts of amazing opportunities present themselves, including women who throw themselves at your feet.

I couldn't possibility have invented this.  Never in my life did it occur to me that this could happen... not in the offices of one of the most prestigious accounting and auditing firms in the world.  In a girly bar in the Philippines maybe, between rounds of fighting in Vietnam.   But not in the palatial offices, the sanctum sanctorum, of the Auditor's Auditor.

"What do I have to do to get your attention?"
It was well past the time when even the stalwart worker bees from Texas A&M, well on the way to their 60 hour weeks, had gone home.
There in the doorway to my office was the latest addition to our staff, an extremely attractive, but married young woman.
Her dress was hiked up around her shoulders and I can assure you, thank God, that she was wearing underwear.  She was shaking her booty.

I got myself transferred to Arizona at the first opportunity.   She ditched her husband and married one of the firm's partners.  He was a decent man, but apparently more dimwitted than I'd realized.